Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Psychiatric patient dies after eating banana

Share this article

Psychiatric patient dies after eating banana
The woman was a patient at a psychiatric hospital in Puglia. Photo: Tomasz Sienicki/Wikicommons
15:16 CEST+02:00
A 53-year-old Italian woman choked to death on a banana at a psychiatric hospital in Puglia.

The woman, who was admitted to the hospital in Scorrano, Lecce, earlier this month, swallowed the banana whole, causing an obstruction in the oesophagus, Gazzetta dell Mezzogiorno reported.

She had taken the banana from the bedside table of another patient, the newspaper said.

Family members of the woman, from Foggia, have spoken to the police about the responsibility of staff at the hospital but are yet to make a formal complaint.

However, an attorney is thought to have started an investigation into alleged manslaughter, the newspaper said.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement

From our sponsors

Is this the world's most international business school?

It's not just one of the world's leading business schools. It's also a chance for students to have a truly international undergraduate experience.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement