Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Carbon monoxide kills US tourist in Rome hotel

Share this article

Carbon monoxide kills US tourist in Rome hotel
The couple had been staying at a B&B in central Rome. Rome photo: Shutterstock
09:53 CET+01:00
An American tourist has died after reportedly suffering carbon monoxide poisoning at a Rome B&B, Italian media reported on Thursday.

The 76-year-old man died on Wednesday evening while his wife, 70, is in a serious condition at Rome’s Umberto I hospital.

They had been staying at a B&B on Passeggiata di Ripetta, La Repubblica reported.

At first staff at the B&B believed the pair had attempted suicide together, based on medicines found in their bedroom, but the theory was thrown out by a coroner.

The couple are now thought to have suffered carbon monoxide poisoning from a malfunctioning radiator.

The pensioner’s body is due to undergo an autopsy to confirm the cause of death, La Repubblica said. 

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement

From our sponsors

The Swedish university where students tackle real-world problems

Ranked among the world's best young universities in the QS Top 50 Under 50, Linköping University (LiU) uses innovative learning techniques that prepare its students to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement