For all of the pistachio lovers out there, we have created a beautiful mess: Pistachio and Mortadella Lasagna with Provolone.
Ingredients (for five portions):
– 12 sheets of lasagna, fresh or no bake (more sheets may be necessary depending on the width.)
– 700ml of bechamel
– 100 grams of pistachios
– 40 grams of parmigiano
– 80ml of extra virgin olive oil
– Five basil leaves
– 300 grams of mortadella sausage
– 250 grams of provolone cheese
– Pepper to taste
– Parmesan cheese to taste (topping)
– Crushed pistachios to taste (topping)
Here's the recipe video in Italian. You can find step-by-step instructions in English below, plus a quick vocabulary guide if you'd also like to brush up on your Italian language skills.
Step by step:
1. Prepare the pistachio pesto by mixing the crushed pistachios with the parmesan, basil, olive oil and a pinch of pepper. Then combine the pesto with the bechamel.
2. Coat the bottom of a baking dish with the bechamel, then cover with the first layer of lasagna. Coat the lasagna with another layer of the pistachio bechamel, then cover with a layer of sliced mortadella, followed by the provolone.
3. Repeat until all the ingredients have been used. Finish with a layer of bechamel.
4. Top it off with the parmesan and cook at 350F/180C for 20-25 minutes.
5. Add the crushed pistachios and serve.
Italian vocabulary guide:
Frullare – mix
Esaurire gli ingredienti – use up the ingredients
Infornare – put in the oven
Buon appetito! See more Italian video recipes by Al.ta Cucina on Facebook.