One of the great classics of Italian cuisine, linguine alle vongole, or linguine with clams, is enriched by the intense aroma of saffron and the delicacy of zucchini. See how it's done in this week's video recipe from the chefs at Italian recipe website Al.ta Cucina.
Ingredients (serves two):
– 300g linguine
– 200g zucchini (cut into cubes)
– One envelope of saffron (0.15g)
– 500g clams
– Two garlic cloves
– Olive oil to taste
– Salt to taste
– Fresh parsley to taste
- In a pan, brown one garlic clove in olive oil, add the clams (previously flushed in salted water), and cook, covered, for about five minutes until the clams are all open.
- Remove the lid, remove the garlic and then drain the clams, keeping the drained liquid aside.
- In the same pan, brown the other garlic clove with olive oil and add in the cubed zucchini. Cook for two minutes, adding a pinch of salt. Continue to cook for about another eight minutes and then remove the garlic.
- Cook the linguine until al dente (follow pack insttructions) and drain, saving a little of the pasta water, and then put the pasta into the pan with the zucchini, the liquid drained from the clams, the saffron melted in a little bit of pasta water, and the clams.
- Stir well, adding in the chopped parsley, plate and serve!
Buon appetito! See more Italian video recipes in English by Al.ta Cucina on Facebook.