Driving in Italy as a resident

Ad type: Other
Location: Apulia
Date added: 08 September 2021

We are a Italian residents who spend less than 180 days in Italy. We have a UK driving licence as we spend most of our time in UK. If we borrow an Italian car when in Italy can we drive it with a UK driving licence?

Member comments

  1. I’m curious as to how you’re maintaining Italian residency if you don’t spend the majority of the year in Italy? Your UK motor insurance is based on you being a resident of the UK – it’s one of the first questions you have to answer when you apply for motor insurance.

    There are some companies which offer UK motor insurance to people who aren’t UK residents, but they aren’t the norm.

Become a Member to leave a comment.Or login here.