Mario Balotelli dumps fiancée: report

Share this article

Mario Balotelli has reportedly split from fiancée Fanny Neguesha. Photos: Gabriel Bouys/AFP (L) and Alberto Ligria/AFP
09:06 CEST+02:00
Italian striker Mario Balotelli has reportedly split from his fiancée less than three months after proposing to her on a Brazilian beach.

The 24-year-old, who also split from AC Milan late last month and now plays for the English club Liverpool, left Belgian model Fanny Neguesha for a new flame, according to a report in the British tabloid The Sun.

“Mario has been telling mates in the North that he’s split from Fanny,” a source told The Sun.

"He's been bragging that he already has another woman in his life and said she is a gorgeous glamour model. So he's still definitely got a type."

La Repubblica reported that Neguesha and Balotelli had deleted eachother from their respective social media accounts, namely Instagram, while almost all photos of the pair posted online have been removed.

The reported split comes just three months after the footballer took to Instagram to announce their engagement ahead of Italy’s first World Cup game against England, with a photo of Neguesha on the Brazilian beach where he proposed and her engagement ring, alongside the caption: "She said yes, the most important yes in my life."

Story continues below…

Despite his off-pitch antics, Balotelli made a promising debut with Liverpool on Sunday, a match which saw his new team beat Tottenham 3-0.

Share this article

From our sponsors

Last chance to vote absentee in the US elections

Election Day in the U.S. is less than a month away, and time is running out for Americans living overseas to vote absentee. Here's what to do before it’s too late.


Popular articles